Wednesday, August 8, 2012

This time of year is soooooo much fun!  There are school supplies EVERYWHERE and being a homeschooling mom I could stock up on everything and find something fun to do with it.  During other times of the year I stock up on other things too.  This past year I picked up a fairly large stash of flannel  at the Joannes after Thanksgiving Sale and I still have a bunch left so, I decided to try out crayon rolls.  Crayon rolls can be used for crayons (obviously), pencils, markers and paint brushes. You can also make mini ones and ones with a pocket for paper.  

I found a tutorial online, whipped one up one evening, and presto!  You have some gifts!.  All you need is BASIC sewing skills.  They are super easy and if you are like me it is sometimes easier to make several at a time instead of just one.  If you put a bunch together, stock up on some school supplies you are totally ready for that little person that needs a gift to brighten their day.  This is what one of mine looks like and the color options and possibilities are endless!  Here is a great tutorial you could follow  http://prudentbaby.com/2010/12/baby-kid/how-to-sew-a-crayon-roll-2/...
Happy Sewing



Make someone smile today
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment